- Understand that the measure of an exterior angle of a triangle is equal to the sum of the measures of the non-adjacent angles.
- Know that the sum of the measures of the angles of a triangle equals 180 degrees.
- Recognize that if two triangles have two pairs of congruent angles, then they are similar triangles (angle-angle criterion).
- Read about measuring exterior and adjacent interior angles of triangles and apply the knowledge to solving problems.
- Read, interpret, and talk about word problems that can be solved using knowledge of straight angles, linear pairs, and angle relationships.
- Understand and use the term exterior angle accurately in speaking and writing.
- Explain orally and in writing how to determine that triangles are similar and/or congruent.
Lesson 22 (8th Grade) Objectives