By using this site for your math blog, you agree to the following student commenting rules:
Blog Commenting Rules
As a student math blogger, you will be commenting on each other’s posts on a regular basis. You will need to make good comments! Here are some things you should keep in mind:
- Use only your first name. DO NOT use last names.
- Do not leave any identifying information such as your school name, your email, home address, phone numbers, or name of your sports team.
- Remember other people are reading your writing. Be responsible for what you say and respectful in how you say it.
- Use proper grammar. Write as though you are writing a letter, not a text message.
- Participate in a thoughtful conversation. Create and invite an intelligent and pleasant exchange of ideas. Strive to write more than, “Cool!” or “Good Idea!”. Think about asking a question which will encourage a response.
- Make constructive not hurtful comments.
- Consider the author and the purpose of the post.
- Comments are always related to the content of the post and not about the author.
- Answer a question or add meaningful information to the content topic.
- Follow the writing process. Comments are a published piece of writing.
- HAVE FUN!
These guidelines were borrowed from http://bdonofrio.edublogs.org/commenting-guidelines/