- Compute unit rates associated with ratios of fractions, including rations of lengths, areas and other quantities measured in like or different units. [7-RP1].
- Recognize and represent proportional relationships between quantities [7-RP2]
- Decide whether two quantities are in a proportional relationship, e.g., by testing equivalent ratios in a table or graphing on a coordinate plane and observing whether the graph is a straight line through the origin. [7-RP2a]
- Identify the constant of proportionality (unit rate) in tables, graphs, equations, diagrams, and verbal descriptions of proportional relationships. [7-RP2b]
- Represent proportional relationships by equations. [7-RP2c]
- Explain what a point (x, y) on the graph of a proportional relationship means in terms of the situation, with special attention to the points (0, 0) and (1, r) where r is the unit rate. [7-RP2d]